Nightmare as an adult

 



hi... 

it's been a while

actually Rara said she's appreciate my mini blog

so, i decide to write again today.....







Nightmare



I suddenly woke up with a chaotic feeling

My mind was full of messy movie recaps.

my heart was beating fast

I thought it was okay, maybe it was just a nightmare


But there's no nightmare that I don't remember after waking up.

I'm a good reminder.

I cast many spells to calm my soul.

so many that I almost vomited


It didn't work.

I thought back to the things that made me feel like this before.

What is there?

rather than excessive worry 

this is more like fear


afraid of being alone

afraid of being cold

Actually, this is not what I meant


but in fact, I was indeed alone and cold

because I'm in my boarding room

with a low air conditioning temperature

then I sorted my memories back to my childhood


a time when I often had long nightmares

it was always long, because I refused to wake up

I was too curious about what would happen in my dream

without realizing it, secretly hoping for a happy ending


Isn't it almost unbelievable? 

how could I believe there would be a happy ending 

in a dream that I knew was a nightmare.

But that's not the point.


I want to tell you about my childhood. 

The time when I always woke up from a nightmare

and didn't have to try to calm myself down

because I could always run to my parents' room and knock on the door.


sometimes at 11pm

sometimes at 1am

sometimes almost dawn

there's no set time


I always got up from my sleep

as quickly as possible run to my parents' room

asking for a hug and affirmation that I'm okay

I am safe, I am alive

I'm loved


But doesn't mean that growing up I can't do that.

I still do it occasionally

but I don't have nightmares as often anymore. 

Now I also sleep too late to dream at night.



Growing up changes some things


but not by running for warmth when it's cold.







for my one and only eternity love,

my amazing muma and papa 🤍










pls kindly hit me up on social media, it's mean a lot

ig : @amyrahzc

twitter: @miwarubyjane


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Also a poet

This poet

My POV about Asia